10.06.2004

reliability

CNN.com - Crushing blow for bank customers - Oct 6, 2004

I know this is in a different country and that perhaps there are stricter regulations that must be followed that would have prevented something like this from happening here, but just hearing this story makes me livid. I know that my mother stores nearly everything important to her in her safe deposit box. Birth certificates, passports, documents that can no longer be replaced, jewelry that can never be replicated because that kind of craftmanship just doesn't exist anymore or because it has been in my family for generations, etc etc. I hope none of the customers settle for the "minimum" settlement. As in any negotiation, always counter, because the other party can always do better than their first offer.

No comments: