12.20.2004

flattery

Ever wish to be a fly on the wall so that you could hear what people really thought about you when you weren't in the room? Amazingly enough, I just got to be that fly tonight albeit for a conversation held online and 4 years ago. I stumbled across a newsgroup post that somehow turned to the topic of yours truly and was actually complimentary. After the crappy day I've had today, this was like a sudden ray of light... just what I needed to lift my spirits. :) who knew?

In other non-related issues, ladies: I have a request for you. Imagine that you're at a bar and a tall handsome stranger approaches you playing an inflatable guitar. "You've got to be kidding me!" you say, but no, just go with me for a minute... What do you do? You can either ignore him and hope he goes away, or humor him, laugh and find out why said guy is carrying around the guitar. Which do you think will give you a better story to tell your friends the next day? That's what I thought. So chicas, talk to the guy. My friend would have appreciated it on Saturday night. (There you go! Immortalized! ;) )

4 comments:

pandabear78 said...

So...where can I get an inflatable guitar? =o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, found a newsgroup post about yourself? That's like finding a needle in a haystack! I mean, because the internet is so big, not because you'd be any less likely to be found on a newsgroup than someone else.

Like, I'm not saying you're not popular, just that there are so many newgroups!

Okay, digging a deeper and deeper hole...

sangeet said...

lol, Mr. Anonymous, I think you're right, you better stop while you're ahead, you're ruining my ego boost! :) Although I admit, I didn't completely "stumble" across it, I was told about certain newsgroups being indexed, and decided to look up my old posts. Amidst those I found this one. heh, lame, huh? :)

Pandabear, the guitars were at my company holiday party. Although, come to think of it, I don't really get what they had to do with anything, and I'm really not so sure we were supposed to just take one. whoops!

jadam said...

Might you be referring to this? Sorry, I was bored and wanted to test my Google-prowess.