11.09.2004

increíble

Lots of incredible things going on lately. First off, the movie! I anxiously awaited this movie, and Pixar delivered. True, it wasn't as comedic as I had expected, but that was simply because the movie was more of an action-packed, comic book escapade. And it worked. :) Don't get me wrong, there were lots of hilarious moments. My favorite character might even be "E", the costume woman, rather than one of the principals. And the best part? She's voiced by the director of the movie, who also wrote the script, who happens to be male. But you wouldn't know it from his delivery. Anyway, enough gushing, go see it.

Did you know ice is a miracle cleaner? I accidentally smeared some chocolate onto the white futon tonight while convincing myself that the cookie I was eating wasn't really so bad for me. As you might imagine, it made a horrible looking stain that I wasn't sure how to get out. Aha! My mother's voice in my head to the rescue. I grabbed an ice cube from the freezer and just attacked. Mere minutes later, voila. Stain be gone! Its like the bleach pen, but cheaper!

I saw a man get arrested this weekend at Target (pronounced Tar-ZHEE of course). As I was walking up to the entrance, I saw a cart fly into the wall, followed by a man who was pinned up against said wall. For a moment, I couldn't process what was going on. It seemed like I was watching television. I can only assume he was shoplifting, as the cart was filled with large boxes, but I find it hard to believe that they would be so violent with someone for that crime. Then again, what do I know, maybe he was doing something much worse, and my life had just been saved. It occurred to me that I had never seen someone being arrested right in front of me. And yet, I felt safe, and continued to walk past the checkout and into the depths of the store to do my shopping.

So, I bet you're looking for the common thread between these paragraphs. There isn't really one. The title was a weak attempt to hide the fact that these vignettes had nothing to do with one another. In reality, I decided it had been far too long since my last post, and so I tried to make this one substantial to make up for it. I'm starting to become disenchanted with the whole blog thing, as many predicted I would. If you'd like me to continue posting, please let me know (doesn't have to be via comments if you'd rather not have anything displayed).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BLOG OR BE FLOGGED!

sangeet said...

hee. :) i'd like to see this hidden person try to flog me. Flogging is really an underused term, and I applaud you, Mr. Anonymous for using it. Ahh such kind words of encouragement from a stranger...

Anonymous said...

Speaking of flogging, golf is the only sport which, when spelled in reverse, is a form of torture. Admittedly this is only according to the sports that I can think of, but I seem to remember this fact being on one of those pieces of movie trivia they show before the previews.

Fellow Tech Nerd

sangeet said...

You know, I seem to remember hearing that bit of trivia somewhere as well... The mystery of your identity perplexes me, Fellow Tech Nerd.

Unknown said...

Don't stop posting keep at it. You'd be surprised how many people read stuff even if they don't come directly to the site....

sangeet said...

you're right... I'll try to exposit a bit more frequently than I have of late.