11.01.2004

election

Well, we're finally here, the eve of the election. In a few hours, I'll have cast my vote, and though I believe in the power of 1, I'm still of the "my one vote won't make a difference" camp. But in case it does, I'll be hauling myself out of bed bright and early.

In some states, though not here, they have early voting. Personally, I don't understand this. In the years past, there's always been a big fuss surrounding "election day." How can we have a fuss over "election two-week period?" It just doesn't have the same ring to it. :) On a more serious note, wouldn't early voting possibly swing the later voters who have a sheep mentality? "Well, everyone else in my state has voted for the Libertarians, I better do the same." Maybe I'm not giving John Q. Public enough credit.

No comments: